Graphic Designer/Illustrator - Willamette Week, Portland, OR
August 2015 – Present
- Graphic design and page layout for the Culture sections.
- Illustration and additional design work for other sections of the publication.
- Occasional web design / development assistance.
Worker-Owner - Inspec Digital, Portland, OR
January 2015 – Present
- Design and development of websites for a variety of clients.
- Utilization of HTML/CSS in conjunction with professional design software.
Web Designer - MyWebSource1, Wadsworth, OH
April 2010 – January 2015
- Design and development of Wordpress-based websites and e-commerce sites for a variety of clients.
- Utilization of PHP, CSS and HTML in conjunction with professional design software.
Web Designer/Social Media Coordinator - Cache~Cachet, Portland, OR
February 2014 – February 2015
- Design and development of the Cache~Cachet e-commerce website in the Wordpress content management system.
- Ongoing webmaster duties, including site updates, adding new content and features, and managing the online store.
- Coordination of social media presence and promotion of Cache~Cachet and its products.
Social Media Coordinator - Sleep Country Amphitheater, Ridgefield, WA
July 2013 – October 2014
- Management, coordination and creation of the social networking presence of the amphitheater.
- Promotion of upcoming events, ticket giveaways and content development.
- Graphic design for social networking site aesthetics and communications.
Webmaster - Alpha Broadcasting, Portland, OR
July 2012 – February 2013
- Web design and development of Wordpress- and Platformic-based radio station websites that include 987thebull.com, 750thegame.com, with some work at alphabroadcasting.com, groundzeromedia.org, and freedom970.com.
- Created the new “98.7 The Bull” logo and numerous graphic designs, including print ads, vehicle graphic wraps, and promotional materials.
- Managed popular social media presences and communicated with listener club via HTML-based weekly newsletters.
Graphic Designer - Mustard Seed Market and Café, Solon, OH
February 2008 – April 2010
- Created and produced all in-store sign and print needs, including menus and product displays.
- Worked with the store’s inventory database to add and edit products and generate price labeling.
Graphic Designer - Photoco Inc., Solon, OH
April 2007 – October 2007
- Designed and produced product packaging, photographed products, designed P.O.P. display prototype.
- Edited instructional video for product functionality demonstration.
Graphic Designer - Fine Lines Ltd., Wadsworth, OH
June 2006 – April 2007
- Designed and produced stationery items and the product catalog.
- Created logos, illustrations, promotional materials, working comps, and prepared files for printing.
Freelance Design and Development
Web/Graphic Designer - Cascadia Collective Hood and Duct
- Design and development of Wordpress-based website at HoodAndDuct.com
- Logo and business card design.
User Interface Consultant - Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- Provided a usability audit report and web design training to OMSI’s exhibitseed.org team.
Designer/Illustrator - Crest Industries, Trenton, MI
- Label designs with original illustrations for automotive products.
Web Designer - Feldenkrais Website Template
- Update and management of Wordpress site; creation of template variation subdomains.
Marketing Intern – Student Resource Center, Washington State University Vancouver (September 2011 – May 2012)
This internship focused on the development of all promotional materials and information for the office in charge of educational, personal, and professional development.
- Developed marketing materials for activities and events on campus using professional design software.
- Designed SRC branding and identity system, managed social media presence, updated Drupal-based website.
Social Media Coordinator/Web Designer - Land Here, Live Here, Vancouver, WA (September 2010 – May 2011)
This project is aimed at building the economic health of Southwest Washington and is sponsored by government and economic organizations in Clark County.
- Created and managed social networking website presences, including Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Re-designed and updated existing website at LandHereLiveHere.com.
Honors and Awards
Pro Caliber Fellowship (January – May 2012)
One of four qualified CMDC students chosen for funding to redesign the ProCaliber.com e-commerce experience.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Several years of professional experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Acrobat, and Premiere
- Wordpress, Squarespace, Drupal, and Platformic content management systems
- Social media creation and management, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Multimedia production in audio/video environments
- Professional use of both Mac and PC systems
- Desktop and network printing and file-handling
- FTP, MySQL, database query and some work with servers
Washington State University Vancouver: BA in Digital Technology and Culture, 2012.
Completed workshops, including PHP and Wordpress.