Senior Production Designer - Willamette Week
Portland, OR: August 2015 – Present
- Graphic design, page layout and illustration.
- Advertisement design, both for in-house promotions and for select clients (print and web).
- Special event branding, promotion and collateral design (Oregon Beer Awards, Cultivation Classic, Candidates Gone Wild, etc).
- Some web design / development.
Worker-Owner - Inspec Digital
Portland, OR: January 2015 – July 2018
- Design and development of websites and a full range of creative services for a variety of clients.
- Utilization of HTML/CSS along with industry-standard CMS environments and web technologies.
- UI kit development for small- to mid-level enterprise applications.
- Agile development model, coordinated using Trello.
Web Designer - MyWebSource1
Wadsworth, OH: April 2010 – January 2015Rest in peace, Jimm.
- Design and development of Wordpress-based websites and e-commerce sites for a variety of clients.
- Utilization of PHP, CSS and HTML.
Web Designer/Social Media Coordinator - Cache~Cachet
Portland, OR: February 2014 – February 2015
- Design and development of the Cache~Cachet e-commerce website in the Wordpress CMS.
- Ongoing webmaster duties, including site updates, adding new content and features, and managing the online store; social media management and online promotions.
Social Media Coordinator - Sleep Country Amphitheater
Ridgefield, WA: July 2013 – October 2014
- Management, coordination and creation of the social networking presence of the amphitheater.
- Promotion of upcoming events, ticket giveaways and content development.
- Graphic design for social networking site aesthetics and communications.
Webmaster - Alpha Broadcasting
Portland, OR: July 2012 – February 2013
- Web design and development of Wordpress- and Platformic-based radio station websites that include 987thebull.com, 750thegame.com, with some work at alphabroadcasting.com, groundzeromedia.org, and freedom970.com.
- Created the new “98.7 The Bull” logo and numerous graphic designs, including print ads, vehicle graphic wraps, and promotional materials.
- Managed popular social media presences and communicated with listener club via HTML-based weekly newsletters.
Web/Graphic Designer - Cascadia Collective Hood and Duct
- Design and development of Wordpress-based website at HoodAndDuct.com
- Logo and business card design.
User Interface Consultant - Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- Provided a usability audit report and web design training to OMSI’s exhibitseed.org team.
Designer/Illustrator - Crest Industries, Trenton, MI
- Label designs with original illustrations for automotive products.
Web Designer - Feldenkrais Website Template
- Update and management of Wordpress site; creation of template variation subdomains.
Marketing Intern – Student Resource Center, Washington State University Vancouver
September 2011 – May 2012
This internship focused on the development of all promotional materials and information for the office in charge of educational, personal, and professional development.
- Developed marketing materials for activities and events on campus using professional design software.
- Designed SRC branding and identity system, managed social media presence, updated Drupal-based website.
Social Media Coordinator/Web Designer - Land Here, Live Here, Vancouver, WA
September 2010 – May 2011
This project is aimed at building the economic health of Southwest Washington and is sponsored by government and economic organizations in Clark County.
- Created and managed social networking website presences, including Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Re-designed and updated existing website at LandHereLiveHere.com.
Honors and Awards
Pro Caliber Fellowship
January – May 2012
One of four qualified CMDC students chosen for funding to redesign the ProCaliber.com e-commerce experience.
- Adobe Creative Suite: 12+ years of professional experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- HTML/CSS, PHP; coding tools which include Sublime Text, Text Wrangler and Coda
- Wordpress, Squarespace, Drupal, and Platformic content management systems
- UX/UI and usability; Agile development with Trello project management software; Git version control system; Slack communications
- Social media creation and management, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Multimedia production in audio/video environments
- Professional use of both Mac and PC systems
- Desktop and network printing and file-handling
- FTP, MySQL, database query and some work with servers